Monday, November 8, 2010

First Post

What am I thinking? I really don't have time to devote to a blog. This will take time away from my crafting, but I cannot seem to resist. I would like to share a few things I have been doing and thinking about. I left for South Carolina on Oct. 31st to see my two oldest at school and to chaperone 38 teens at a fine arts festival. I made mummy boxes for my kids. What do you think?
I'm not sure the kids appreciated the boxes, but I know they liked the gifts I put inside them.

I saw this skirt on an adorable young lady in South Carolina last week. I love the fabric and the style. I need to make one of these (someday). The young lady thought a was a nut when I asked if I could have a picture.

Mitus is a daddy, aren't they cute? Two females and a male. They are 8 days old in this picture.
I came home from SC on Friday and went to a wedding on Saturday. I made a quilt for the newly weds. 
Foundation pieced on muslin. Super easy and uses up scraps, no need for fat-quarters. Just the right size to cuddle and watch TV or read under.
One more before I retire for the evening...
I made The ABC's of a Wedding for the groom's mother and gave it to her at the shower. It is an album that you put the corresponding pictures into.
E is for engagement. (this pic is pre-words)
 I is for invitation. (sorry it is sideways)
Anyway, you get the idea, A is for aisle, B is for bride, C is for cake, etc.








1 comment:

  1. (sorry - this always shows up as Jim's name and I don't know how to change it!) Cute 1st blog! I love the ribbon background! Another blog to check everyday and get inspired to craft more (even though I don't) and spend more money (even though I do)! Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete